Featured Study Abroad Programs
- Taiwan: student-initiated Student Exchange to the Taipei National University of the Arts (TNUA)
typically one semester or year long - September to June, requires application and collaboration with Ohio State Office of International Affairs (OIA) and TNUA
- England: student-initiated program LabanDance through the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London
typically one semester, requires application and collaboration with Ohio State OIA and Trinity Laban
- Israel: student-initiated program DanceJerusalem through the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
typically one semester, requires application and collaboration with Ohio State OIA staff coordinator Elizabeth Angerman and Hebrew University
- Jamaica: faculty-led short-term abroad in summer (odd years) with the Department of Art Administration, Education and Policy to the Edna Manley College of Visual and Performing Arts in Kingston.
- Cuba, London, and Prague: faculty-led programs with the Department of Theatre.
- Brazil: faculty-led short-term abroad in spring (even years)
Ohio State Dance Brazil is Spring Break performance, teaching, and cultural exchange program that bridges contemporary and social forms of the African diaspora in Brazil and the United States. Dance majors audition the previous year in order to enroll in autumn preparatory courses and spring course.
- Denmark: faculty-led short-term abroad in summer (odd years)
Ohio State DANCE Denmark is a 5 ½ week performance, teaching and cultural exchange program that is committed to engage with dance as a creative movement practice with many forms of expression. The program invites participants to engage in bridging cultural understand between Denmark and the United States of America. Dance majors audition in the autumn in order to enroll for the summer study.
- France: student-initiated program through Florida State University to Paris (transferrable credit to Ohio State).
- Ohio State Hillel: various programs to go to Israel on breaks.
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Education Abroad
- Office of International Affairs, Study Abroad Search
Ready to branch out and explore your career options? Discover resources that will lead you towards an internship or job? Connect with employers?
The ASC Career Success office can help guide you toward these goals. They provide a number of internship and job search resources, including resume and cover letter review, career prep advising, and Handshake, Ohio State’s new university-wide position posting system where students have access to search and apply for part-time jobs, internships, co-ops, and full-time career opportunities. Thousands of jobs, internship and career opportunities are posted in Handshake as well as information on upcoming career fairs and on-campus recruiting events.
Use Handshake to connect with employers by searching for full-time employment, internships, part-time work, and other experiential learning opportunities targeted toward your major. This is a direct link to employers who want to hire you!
Basic requirements for student access include enrollment in classes for the current term and good financial standing.
Start setting up your profile using your firstname.lastname@example.org email address (do not use your buckeyemail email). The more handshake knows about you, the better it can deliver relevant content to meet your needs and interests.
100 Denney Hall
164 Annie & John Glenn Avenue
Columbus OH, 43210