Undergraduate and graduate students present solo and group works that highlight a range of choreographic ideas and concepts they’ve explored throughout the year, including:
- Positions, by Alexandra Cassidy, which shares the different direction changes that you go through in life and how you shift your position constantly.
- A piece from Brooke Tinsley, in collaboration with the dancers, titled Incessant Fluctuations, which reflects the natural tendency to constantly return to what is known amid an endlessly changing pathway.
- duet, by Emily Kilroy, a duet in collaboration with a sturdy piece of metal. It explores an intimate relationship between institutional structures, sexuality and the music of Nat King Cole.
- [deep breathing on I-71], by Jacqueleen Bordjadze, which is about shifting focus, exchanges in energy flow and habitual ways of relating.
- DANCE WITH ME!, by Kali Cjekaj and Yildiz Guventurk, which emerged primarily as a class study on discovering baroque music and its connection with dance material. This duet turned into a little playful story where the two dancers chose to explore a narrative through kinesthetic relationship with each other.
- Spandex Mouse, by Sutton Coffey, which is a piece that started as a study on repetition of phrase work and music. Coffey used the process as a way to experiment with movement generation and physicality to create something original and rigorous. This work became a meditation on himself and masculinity through dance.
- And other works by
Josh Anderson & Laura DeAngelis
Demetra Chiafos, Davianna Green, Emily Arden Jones & Alizé Raptou
General admission tickets are $15 and may be purchased by calling the Ohio State Theatre Ticket Office at (614) 292-2295, online at Ticketmaster.com, or in-person at the Ohio State Theatre Ticket Office, 1849 Cannon Dr., Columbus, OH 43210. Ohio State faculty, staff, students, and Alumni Association members; senior citizens; non-Ohio State students; children; and military veterans may purchase tickets for $10.