LabanLens™ is a dance scoring application developed for the Microsoft HoloLens that engages Laban-based movement notation and analysis.
Our augmented reality (AR) teaching tool called LabanLens™ engages innovative digital practices responding to diverse intelligences and abilities to immerse students in a digital-kinesthetic experience with dance analysis. LabanLens™ introduces a modality to re-envision how we teach and employ Laban-based scoring tools, and an immersive environment for composing dances, analyzing them, and understanding historical embodiments. The AR experience engenders studentsʼ articulate analysis of dances, which deepens their kinesthetic-empathetic engagement with each other and their world. LabanLens™ expands existing dance scoring methodsʼ capacities to advance knowledge for accessing and analyzing new and existing dances.
LabanLens™ is generously supported by The Ohio State University Department of Dance and The College of Arts and Sciences Technology Services unit. LabanLens™ is developed by Immersive.is.
LabanLens™ Research Team
- Dr. Hannah Kosstrin, Faculty Lead, Assistant Professor
- Chris Summers, Staff Lead, Instructional Technologist
- Mike Kaylor, Director of Academic Technology
- Ian Anderson, Academic Technology Consultant
LabanLens™ Conference Presentations
- 2018 Innovate: Forward, The Ohio State University
- 2018 National Dance Education Organization Annual Conference, La Jolla, California
Press for LabanLens™
- LabanLens Brings AR Technology to Department of Dance - Ohio State College of Arts and Sciences, August 8, 2018
- Dancing into the Future with AR Technology - The Lantern, December 4, 2017