We welcome students from all majors and college to take our elective classes!
Email email@example.com for any questions or enrollment assistance; current undergraduate students, please use OSU email and include the name and email of your academic advisor.
Please see our BFA Checklist [doc], MFA Checklist [docx],and PhD Checklist [docx] for an example of a planning document that students use to track their course progress to graduation, alongside other university resources, advising and professional staff, and faculty mentors and advisors.
- Contemporary (Dance 1101, 2102*, 2103*)
- Ballet (Dance 1111, 2112*, 2113*)
- Jazz (Dance 1141, 2142*, 2143*)
- Yoga (Dance 5175 for practice, 5179 for practice and theory)
- Tap (Dance 1161, 1162*)
- Hip Hop (Dance 1151, 2152*)
- Pilates (Dance 5171 Mat , 5173* Reformer)
- Special Topics, such as Irish Step or Odissi Indian (Dance 2190)
Interested in more? Become a Dance Minor!
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to waive prerequisites if you have previous experience.
General Education Lecture Courses
- Dance 2367 Writing About Dance (also 2367H Honors) – 2nd Level Writing GE
- Dance 2401 Western Concert Dance: Renaissance to Present – Visual Performing Arts GE
- Dance 3401 Dance in Popular Culture (also online) – Culture and Ideas plus Diversity: Social Diversity in the US GE
- Dance 3402 Dance in Global Contexts – Culture and Ideas plus Diversity: Global Studies GE